In March 2011, members of the DePaul University Libraries visited Adamson University in the Philippines. The aim of this first visit by librarians to Manila was to tour Adamson's facilities, including its library and archival collections in order to inform future collaboration between the two institutions.
The representatives from the DePaul University Libraries were James Galbraith, Associate Director for Collections and Scholarly Resources, and M Ryan Hess, Web Services Coordinator, who met with several key people at Adamson University, including:
- Adamson University President Fr. Gregg L. Bañaga, Jr., C.M
- Fr. Francisco Nicolas P. Magnaye, Jr., C.M., Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Fr. Daniel Franklin E. Pilario, C.M., Dean of Studies at the St. Vincent School of Theology in Quezon City
- Pamela Mantuhac, Director of the Office for Vincentian Identity and Mission
- Delia Calimag, Director of the Libraries
- Raul Agner of the University Archives
The trip also included a day-long seminar on Enhancing Efficiency and Effectiveness in Library Services via International Collaboration and Web Technologies, held at Adamson University, in which Galbraith and Hess shared their knowledge of contemporary library technologies and workflows with thirty librarians from over ten Philippine institutions.