Document Type

Article

Publication Date

9-1-2008

Comments

Reproduced with the permission of the Vincentian Studies Institute of the United States, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois.

Abstract

Serving as the mother house of the Congregation of the Mission from 1632-1792 in Paris. Saint-Lazare was confiscated by the state at the outbreak of the French Revolution. The facility served as an infamous woman's prison until it was finally torn down beginning in 1932.

Included in

History Commons

Share

COinS