Saint-Lazare was the Congregation’s motherhouse from 1632 to 1792, when it was confiscated and turned into a prison for enemies of the French Revolution. Shortly afterward it became a women’s prison and continued as such until 1932. It was demolished in 1940. The prison’s history is given, accompanied by fourteen images.
Udovic, Edward R. C.M., Ph.D.
"Pictures from the Past: Saint-Lazare as a Prison: 1792–1940,"
Vincentian Heritage Journal: Vol. 28
, Article 5.
Available at: http://via.library.depaul.edu/vhj/vol28/iss1/5