|Editors:||Thomas W. O'Brien, DePaul University|
|Scott R. Paeth, DePaul University|
|Rev. Patrick Flanagan, St. John's University|
|Elizabeth Collier, Dominican University|
There are five basic tenets that underlie the need for a forum to discuss the application of religious ethics to the economy and the practices of businesses within the economy:
- Capitalism is extending its reach to all corners of the globe and its scope and influence are changing the ways people conceive of their ethical responsibilities.
- As a result of globalization, new synergies have emerged between formerly independently developing economies and markets, triggering new modes of behavior that challenge traditional notions of right and wrong.
- New and intriguing ethical ideas and moral systems have appeared in many religious traditions that can be applied in helpful ways to business and the economy.
- Recent developments in corporate and economic life call for new policies and ethical responses.
- In response to said developments, novel academic and governance debates are emerging. These debates have local, regional and global dimensions and lack an appropriate forum.
For more information, please see the Aims and Scope page.
Religious Ethics and Socially Responsible Behaviors of Small Firms in Nepal
Binod Krishna Shrestha
A Postmodernist Theologian's Critique of Capitalism
Clive Beed and Cara Beed
Greenwashing in Islamic Finance? An Analysis of Islamic Private Banks' Non-Financial Reports and a Proposal for an Islamic Finance Reporting Initiative Standard
Stefan Leins, Peter Seele, and Franziska Vogel
Religion and Fairness in the Ultimatum Game: Examining Mennonite Beliefs and Actions
Chris D. Gingrich, Ryan Swartzentruber, and Jessica H. Kraybill
Are Faith-based, Long-term Care Nonprofit Organizations More Effective? A Survey Study of Nursing Homes in Virginia
Bulent Ucar and Zubeyir Nisanci
The Whole Greater than the Sum of its Parts: Being Whole in the Workplace
Cristine Margaret Atienza and Andrea Santiago
Common Threads among Different Forms of Charismatic Leadership
Ylva Sandberg and Christopher M. Moreman