The land north of St. Vincent’s Church served as both farm and athletic field before the construction of Alumni Hall in the mid-1950s, followed by the present-day Student Center. Judging by the sign in the background, this baseball game took place behind the church sometime after 1907, when St. Vincent’s College became DePaul University.
"Looking Back: DePaul Baseball,"
22015, Article 12.
Available at: http://via.library.depaul.edu/depaul-magazine/vol1/iss22015/12